Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wooden Name Sign

I was out garage selling yesterday and came upon some free pieces of scrap wood. So, I of course had to pick them up. I work for a Real Estate team and thought that this would be a good gift idea for a new home gift. 
I first painted the wood piece white. While that was drying I began cutting out my letters. It took a couple of times to get the sizing right. I used inexpensive cardstock paper for the cuts. Once I had my letters all ready I sprayed the back with a repositional  spray adhesive.


 Once I positioned my letter and stuck them down, I painted the wood piece again.
 Once the paint was dry, I removed the letters to display the name.
 I then took my sanding block and stressed the edges for a rustic look.
This is the final project. I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt and for the fact that I had all of the supplies on hand so it didn't cost me anything to make :)

0 comments: